Sector: DIVERSIFIED CONGLOMERATE | Region: GLOBAL
Our client, a global diversified conglomerate, has multiple hiring processes involving multiple data validations that had to be undertaken by the hiring managers in India.
They also needed to alert the HR process controller in the event of exceptions or errors.
The client wished to automate the data validation process in order to streamline the hiring process and assist the India based hiring managers.
Client’s management believed that automation could help solve these problems and asked TAO to develop the business case and demonstrate it through a rapid proof-of-concept.
TAO partnered with the client to come up with an intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solution to assess the benefits of RPA and design an automated solution to increase the efficiency and reduce the overall processing cost.
The assessment covered the following key areas:
- Create a To-Be Process that would identify areas where automation can be implemented in order to achieve high productivity at a low cost.
- Define Architecture and Solution evangelisation.
- Plan to simplify the process across different geographies.
- Identify process improvements to reduce errors and per case handling time
The key challenges our client faced in these specific processes were:
Most of the challenges revolved around the fact that each hiring region or country has a separate set of rules and guidelines for different types of hires. Further, all data was stored in local Excel files which resulted in version and data errors.
- Processes steps and rules for a type of hire (Hire or Rehire) varied based on country.
- Operating the process required reference to multiple excels for the rules and default values depending on the country or region.
- The existing process was almost entirely manual and had very high error rates.
- Extensive time was being spent on data validation and data correction.
Business Benefits Delivered:
TAO’s team of RPA consultants and solution architects ran an end-to-end assessment study. At the end of the successful assessment, compelling benefits from RPA were proven. These included:
- Significant FTE take-out of 53% (FTE could be redeployed)
- A Single bot could process the 50+ cases in one day.
- The solution has been designed with high re-usability. This ensured that the solution could be rolled out and extended to other countries in a short time.
- Significant reduction in process errors and complexity.
- Productivity improvements, including reduced manual controls, higher quality servicing, less process variance and lowering the error rate.
- Process Simplifications because all business validation will be done by the bot.
The client is now in a position to roll-out the automation of the entire B2P process in scope on the basis of this assessment and its demonstrated business case.
For more information on this assessment case please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload